Vibrant Supergreens Soup Recipe
This tasty green soup is made with peas, kale, butter beans and garlic.
I've been taking soup with me into the office a lot lately, carrying it in a little soup flask, and heating it in a bowl. I batch cook and freeze it, so it’s ready and simple to have during lunch throughout the week. Perfect!
2 large handfuls of chopped, washed, organic curly kale
2 large handfuls of frozen peas
1/2 a head of organic broccoli, chopped.
2 organic celery stalks
2 coves of garlic
a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger grated and chopped
1 x 400g tin of cooked butter beans
1 large red onion chopped.
How To Make It
- Add the broccoli, kale, frozen peas and celery to a pan, cover with water and bring to a nice gentle simmer.
- In another pan, using a little coconut oil, gently brown the garlic and onion. Once browned, stir the garlic and onion mix into the soup pot with the broccoli, adding the fresh ginger too and continue to let the mix simmer.
- When the broccoli has softened nicely, add the drained tin of butterbeans to the mix.
- Let the soup mix cool a little before blending it. (Be careful when blending hot liquids)
- I tend to make this soup quite thick, adding extra water towards the end of the cooking to make it more or less watery consistency.
Pour into a bowl and season with lots of freshly ground black pepper. This soup would also suit a small dollop of Crème fraîche to serve.