Time is the shop
Where everyone works hard
To build enough love
To break the
Shackle.( Poetry of Hafiz, translated by Daniel Ladinsky in The Gift)
I was thinking about these lovely words while making this simple tray bake dish with the last of this years vegetables.
I love the idea of time being used to build love. After all, isn’t that what we’re all really doing here?
Whatever your ‘shop’ looks like; Kitchen, classroom, office or ward, time is the shop where everyone works hard to build enough love to break the shackle.
I’d love to know what you make of the short poem, do leave a comment and let me know.
Now, as for this lovely simple recipe, it’s a tray bake with dips!
1. Grate a couple of carrots and potatoes, along one one grated onion and a handful of grated white cabbage.
2. Whisk 3 eggs and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the egg mix to the veg along with a handful of
breadcrumbs ( or crackers as pictured)
4. Mix together and then add to a small oven dish ( press the mix in firmly) and bake for 30 mins or so until cooked throughout
5. The recipe for the super greens tapenade dip is here on the Emma Mills London blog if you’d like to add that as a side dish.
Et voila! A lovely simple easy lunch you can dip into through the week.
If you love topics like this you might also enjoy The Wellness Edit, my fortnightly/monthly newsletter out on Sundays – Join Up Here