Beautiful Butternut Squash Stew
This was so lovely, and quite simple to put together. I love the colours and the vibrant feel it brings to dinner time .
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- A red and a yellow pepper sliced
- 2 red onions chopped
- White beans ( I used 1x 400g tin of cannellini but you can use other white beans or even baked beans )
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 thumb off fresh ginger chopped ( if you like)
- 400ml veg stock
- 2tbsp paprika
- 400g chopped tomatoes (1tin)
- 200g coconut milk (half a tin)
- A little harissa paste ( if you like)
Add the ingredients to a stew dish and bake until the squash is tender.(30 mins or so at 180 degrees)
Serve as a main meal with rice, flatbread or salad, or on toast the following day for lunch.