‘Wild rice, wild rice, were I with thee’…..
You can make this dish really easily and it’s packed full of strong flavours, so not for the faint-hearted! Use a food processor or finely chop the herbs and veggies, before stirring them into your cooked wild rice. Et voila!
P.S If it weren’t packed with garlic, this dish would be the perfect match for this lovely poem from Emily Dickinson. Full of flavour, body, and vitality!
- 10 cherry tomatoes chopped into quarters (red, orange or yellow, as you like)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic depending on your taste
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 thumb-size piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 red chili finely chopped (as hot as you prefer and can enjoy, I prefer medium heat)
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- plenty of black pepper
- 2 portions of wild rice
cook the rice according to the packet
While it’s cooking, finely chop all the fresh ingredients and mix in a bowl with a little extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil. I like to put all the fresh ingredients in the food processor for a quick whizz, as this creates a smaller, pesto type mix,
The final step is to take your cooked rice, while still warm and stir in in the veg/herb mix.
Season with cracked black pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon and enjoy!