- 800g cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon of tahini
- The juice of one lemon*
- half a teaspoon of paprika
- a good shake of ground black pepper
- a tablespoon of olive oil
- a tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- one thumb of ginger, chopped
- half a cup of water
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve with a sprinkle of paprika, ground black pepper, and little olive oil.
Add a little extra water to increase the creaminess.
Rather than squeeze it, you can peel and blend the lemon before adding it to the mix (= more juice than if squeezing)
I prefer to use dried chickpeas that have been soaked and boiled according to the instructions on the pack. While it takes a little more preparation, it gives a much nicer flavor and can be more economical.